|Date Posted||November 26, 2019|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||3 Years|
Systems Engineer (SaaS) (Dublin)
Our client is a growing international SaaS company that specialises in experience management with a European headquarters in Dublin. With over 10,000+ clients worldwide, it has led to exciting opportunities within the company as they plan for expansion
This role is as an engineer in the Engineering Visibility team, a foundation stone of our clients engineering organisation. The team is responsible for the research, development and operation of our client’s metrics and monitoring services which empowers understanding the status of their services. This in turn helps developers to drive customer impacting events to zero and to-speed up time-to-resolution when customer impact does occur.
- Owning container level monitoring across our client’s fleet.
- Deliver host and service level logs and metrics to horizontally scalable storage solutions.
- Providing dashboarding, monitoring and alerting services that connect developers with the data they need to perform effective change management.
- Getting the right alert at the right time and to dedicatedly improve the performance of services.
- Ensuring our client’s platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability and performance.
- Communicating effectively with engineers & partners and describe problems succinctly to enable issue management.
- Performing periodic on-call duties as part of a global team.
Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years experience in a highly available, large scale internet based platform.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Experience and knowledge of load balancing, caching, CDNs and clustering technologies.
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as Nagios, App Dynamics, Graphite and statsd.
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, PHP, Ruby or Python.
- Full stack development using bash, sed and awk (and vi) a definite plus.
- Experience with software development lifecycle technologies (ex. Rundeck, Git, Jenkins, artifactory services, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL tuning and optimisation is very important. Experience with memcached, Redis and Elasticsearch is a bonus.
- Worked with or implemented configuration management using tools like Puppet of Chef.
Verify is a specialist consultancy recruiting IT professionals for organizations throughout Ireland, UK and Europe and; for more information go to www.verifyrecruitment.com.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further or to discuss your career options in confidence, email your profile to gary[email protected]