|Location||Dublin 2, Ireland|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2019|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||3 Years|
Our client is a global leader in colour printing technologies that provide remarkable productivity, profitability, and innovation.
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented, customer-focused technical engineer to work on key released products that utilize our client's high-speed printheads supported by their controller chips and software.
This position is ideal for an engineer with strong communication skills who is able to coordinate and collaborate with a variety of teams. The application engineer needs to clearly convey technical issues between audiences of varying skill sets; from OEM customers and business development managers to engineering team members.
The position is based in their Dublin City centre office and requires frequent international travel between European customer sites and our clients offices, up to 1 week per month.
- Assist business development teams with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) during early engagement project phases of evaluation, technology transfer, and project planning.
- Project Management duties including planning, task management, and action item tracking in support of OEM product development cycle from initiation to release.
- Assist OEM engineering teams in developing digital inkjet print engines
- Provide Application Engineering support to their global OEMs, including:
- Determining root cause and fixes for escalation from OEM Engineering teams, liaising as needed with engineering teams located in Dublin, San Diego, and Sydney
- Providing technical training and support during the OEM’s development cycle.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL:
- Be excited by technical problems
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work well within a multi-disciplinary, international team
- Be flexible and adaptive
- Manage time effectively
- Be self-motivated
- Effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical people
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing or technical role
- Strong systems engineering capability with in-depth understanding of the integration of mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems
- Experience in digital printing (preferred, not required)
- Unrestricted driver’s license
Cathal Grogan is the point of contact for this job. If you have any questions for Cathal in relation to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact him via: