|Location||Dublin 9, Ireland|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2017|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5 Years|
|Salary||65k + Benefits|
Digitary helps some of the world’s top universities to certify academic qualifications online.
Employers, universities and government agencies around the world use Digitary to verify certificates, transcripts and other credentials issued by our customers. Digitary was founded by Irish technology professionals based on ground-breaking technology. Our product competes and wins significant clients against large global competitors.
Digitary have prestigious and globally recognized Universities as clients. Our technology benefits educational and government institutions and students alike who need to access their qualification transcripts quickly and safely.
We pride ourselves on a good company culture and working environment. By working at Digitary you will get an opportunity to become part of a highly knowledgeable and experienced team, learn valuable new skills, and help transform the way legitimate academic qualifications are verified around the world.
Senior Developer – Digitary - Dublin
We are now looking for a Senior Developer to join our Dublin team and to assist both our existing Higher Education customers, and our new wave of international University clients as they onboard onto our SaaS platform.
This role is both technical and customer facing. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Take a lead role in the development process, working with PM, BA and Test team to deliver features according to an agreed plan.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatisation
- Conduct code walk-through/review pre deployment to QA
- Liaise with support team in troubleshooting production issues
- Work in an Agile environment and adhere to an agile process
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Expert Java (up to Java version 8). 5-6 years experience
- Expert in writing full stack, robust code
- Ebean ORM, JPA, JDBC, SQL and strong experience with MySQL Database
- Strong experience with RESTful API’s and web application frameworks
- Comprehensive understanding of XML, JSON formats and ability to create schema definition files
- Experience with the controller, service, repository pattern
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries and clean, readable Java code
- Good understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience of the following technologies : Atlassian Suite (Confluence / JIRA / Bamboo / Bitbucket), Zendesk, PHP, Freemarker, XSL-FO (FOP), HTML, CSS. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools such as Sbt and Maven
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong customer, product and design focus and ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiative.
- Hard working, self-starter, proven ability to efficiently and professionally manage multiple projects to strict deadlines
- Good experience with Play Framework and Akka
- Experience developing for AWS
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Please note: All applicants require a high standard of English and excellent communication skills and must be eligible to work in Ireland
Digitary are offering €65,000 plus benefits for the right individual. Please email Technology Recruitment Consultant Caroline Donlon at [email protected] or call 083 4524413 for more information.