|Location||Dublin 2, Ireland|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2018|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5 Years|
Our client is a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. They help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through their platform that combines restaurant point of sale, customer-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a member of their team, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join them as they empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Our client is growing their Dublin operations as they face the challenges of a rapidly expanding company, and they are looking for self-motivated and customer-focused full-stack engineers to join their small Dublin team.
They are looking for someone with the ability and drive to make an impact. You will be responsible for the evolution and support of one of their specific products across their native Android application, web front end and supporting back end services. You’ll also be tasked with helping build scalable, reliable and high quality features with the goal of creating a smooth and delightful experience for restaurant staff and their guests.
If you want to help create something tangible that is used every day, help small businesses achieve their vision, and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions of users to hundreds of millions of users, our client might just be the place for you.
As an engineer, some of the projects you’ll be working include:
- Improving resilience and data consistency in a highly distributed asynchronous system.
- Creating tools & processes to help operators run their restaurant efficiently.
- Creating new ways for guests to interact with their programs across web, app & in stores.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- A few years of experience with Java or another object-oriented language, with a good understanding of building quality production software (process, testing, operation, etc.)
- An interest in functional programming, such as Kotlin, Java 8 Lambdas, Scala etc.
- The ability to take complex business problems, and create easy to use solutions, at scale.
- A strong desire to make an impact, and the ability to be autonomous when executing your work.
- The capacity to understand a problem, communicate clearly with others to solve the problem, and share knowledge to help the whole team succeed.
- Exposure to distributed systems, scaling challenges, SaaS, SQL, JS, RabbitMQ, or Android are a plus.
Their Tech Stack
Our client’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using Angular and ES6. The main POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.