|Date Posted||May 21, 2018|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Minimum Experience||2 Years|
Role: Group IT PMO Analyst
Reporting to: Group IT PMO & Business Relationship Management
Travel/Mobility Required: No
Our client's PMO department is the information hub for projects and programmes within their IT portfolio and involves tracking/reporting, assurance/quality control, information management, financial tracking, risk/issue tracking, change control, support and knowledge management/learning from experience. The PMO Team adds value to their organisation through the knowledge, skills and experience of its staff.
The role of the IT PMO Analyst is to support the IT PMO Management within their IT Application Services Team.
- Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- tracking status of project deliverables and milestones;
- supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables;
- portfolio level risk and issue co-ordination through the development and monitoring of KPIs;
- monitoring the status of projects transitioning into normal service; coordination of the regular project and portfolio level reporting cycles;
- coordination of project Governance arrangements
- maintaining and enhancing their Project Portfolio Management tool
- Additional responsibilities include:
- assisting the IT PMO Manager with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance;
- assisting Project Managers on large projects;
- contributing to Quality Reviews;
- coordinating activities in support of quality objectives
Portfolio Management & Reporting (incl. risks and insights)
- Project monitoring and control through tracking and reporting.
- Manage and coordinate portfolios into a single Group-wide portfolio view.
- Monitor and control PMO performance, introducing business value tracking metrics.
- Set up and manage a Portfolio risk database.
Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Tool Administration & Data Management
- Develop and maintain project & team level dashboards.
- Develop and maintain Management reporting dashboards.
- Support PMO teams throughout the organisation.
- Manage the 3rd party vendor relationship.
- Work with Group IT Services Manager to negotiate licenses based on usage reviews.
- Coordindate release / upgrade projects across the Business ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with the PMO Methodology.
- Govern, maintain and progress enhancement list.
Methodology development; Quality Management & Project Management Support.
- Maintain and enhance existing IT PMO methodology guidelines & processes.
- Develop and maintain project documentation templates & best practice examples.
- Promote project management within organization.
- Provide support to project managers through mentoring and coaching in the group's Project Methodology.
- Perform Project/Program health checks/audits (including financials) to identify issues and escalate to the IT PMO Manager to address.
- Conduct post-project reviews.
- Set up and manage lessons learned database.
- Support/Participate in strategic planning. (Support Business Relationship Managers prepare for Strategic IT Portfolio Level Steering meetings, and attend meetings in facilitation/support role)
- Provide governance body support. (e.g. Coordinate, schedule and facilitate Application Services Stage Gate Review Board meetings)
KPI's & Complexity
- Monthly PMO Report.
- Monthly Stage Gate Review Boards.
- Accurate Management Reporting Dashboards
- Adherence with IT Project Management Methodology.
- Adheres to Group Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to prioritise effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates significant attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of project/programme co-ordination & administration in an IT environment.
- Experience of managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (experience working with, and administration of Project Portfolio Management tools would be beneficial).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities effectively, maintains clear focus and sees action through to delivery.
- Goal oriented and delivery focused without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in analysis and problem solving – strives to do the “right thing”, not just the “easy thing”
- An ability to build trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
- PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent project management qualification preferable.
- General knowledge of IT business application software (e.g. ERP systems, Cloud solutions).
Please Note: Our client is unable to provide sponsorship at this time. Stamp 4 permit holders / EU resident applications only.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch Breffni O'Sullivan at Verify Recruitment via e-mail at [email protected], or via phone at 01-905 2693 to have an in-depth chat.