|Date Posted||November 14, 2018|
Project / Programme
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5 Years|
Role: Glass IT Business Relationship Management Lead (EU)
Division & Department: Group IT / IT Application Services
Reporting to: Group IT Business Relationship & PMO Manager
Travel: Yes, mostly to Europe (up to 40%)
My client, a large Irish manufacturing multinational with their head offices in Sandyford, Co. Dublin, is urgently seeking an IT Business Relationship Manager to lead a team of Business Analysts / Project Managers that partner with our client’s Glass EU Business to deliver flexible, scalable, and effective technology solutions that solve business problems and consistently deliver business value aligned with Glass EU Strategy. The scope of this role covers all key Glass EU operational and functional areas across both the Glass Beverage and Glass Food & Speciality Business Units: Finance, Controlling, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, Manufacturing, in addition to Group functional initiatives that may impact the Glass EU business units.
The Glass EU BRM Lead is responsible for ensuring the portfolio of Glass EU IT projects is effectively managed, prioritised, approved and delivered in line with the expectations of all senior Glass EU stakeholders. This is achieved through the facilitation of dedicated Glass EU IT Steering Committees; resourcing of prioritised projects from the Glass EU BRM Team (e.g. the assignment of Business Analysis and Project Management skillset); overseeing the effective delivery of approved Glass EU IT projects aligned with the SOx IT Project Management Methodology; supporting the yearly budgeting process for all Glass EU IT projects; working with the Application Services & wider IT management to provide input into the strategy and continuous improvement of the IT services provided to the Glass EU business units.
In addition to the BRM Team Lead responsibilities, the candidate in this role will also be responsible for providing their own Business Analysis and Project Management expertise to business-critical projects within the Glass EU IT portfolio as per the standard “Business Analyst / Project Manager” job profile. Assignment to these projects will be agreed with IT Management as required.
Demand Management & IT Steering Facilitation: Work with Glass EU senior management to identify their demand for IT projects, and help shape that demand through the management, approval, prioritization and resourcing of those projects to support successful delivery. Prioritised Strategic Roadmaps: Partner with the Glass EU Business and IT management teams to develop IT delivery roadmaps aligned with Business & IT strategy. Resource Management and Project Delivery: Resourcing of Glass EU IT roadmaps to support successful delivery of projects and management of project scope. Budget Management: Support the IT Financial Controller and IT Senior Management teams in the yearly budgeting process, and ongoing maintenance of budget oversight. SOx Compliance: Ensure all projects within the Glass EU IT portfolio are delivered in line with SOx ITGC requirements. Team Leadership & Development: Effective management and continued development of Glass EU IT BRM team resources. Strategy & Innovation: Work with Business and IT teams to develop innovative solutions that automate and scale business processes. Continuous Improvement: Contribute / Lead post project implementation reviews and communicate the lessons learned with a view to continuously improving project delivery and business analysis standards within our client.
- Project Approval KPIs – Steering governance
- Project Budgeting KPIs
- Project Delivery KPIs – scope; budget; timeline.
- SOx controls KPIs
- Optimised resource management
- Strategic Partnership with Glass EU Senior Management shaping their demand for IT projects
- Expert knowledge of business areas and processes
- Expert knowledge of key IT systems
- Financial Analysis
- Team Leadership and development
Key Stakeholders & Contacts
- C-Level Senior Management across Glass EU
- All levels of Business Management
- IT Delivery Teams
- 3rd party software vendors
- Consulting partners
- End users
What our client is looking for
Education & Training:
- Degree in computer science, business or engineering.
- Professional certification is one or more of the following disciplines: Project Management; Business Analysis; Project Portfolio Management.
- 5+ years of proven project delivery, including large transformation projects leading cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams.
- 3+ years’ experience chairing and facilitating project/portfolio Steering committees attended by senior Exec level.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and managing small – medium sized teams.
- Financial analysis skills – ability to work with the Business to produce Business Justifications that drive real financial business value to the organisation.
- Expert knowledge of business areas with detailed process knowledge and expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of key IT systems and capabilities, (e.g. SAP), that support the end-to-end processing of functions across the business.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills; a proactive, problem-solving and delivery-focused approach to their day-to-day roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to set the direction and strategy for a small – medium sized team.
Recruitment for this role is initially handled by an external consultancy partner (Verify Recruitment), and we wish to clarify that you would be a permanent employee of our client should your application be successful.
Breffni O'Sullivan is the point of contact for this role. If you'd like to ask any questions or have a chat about the role, please don't hesitate to get in touch with him via e-mail at [email protected] or via phone at 083 868 2345.