|Location||Dublin, Ireland, Ireland|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||4 Years|
The company is a leading provider of cloud solutions, bringing together the flexibility, availability and community of the public cloud with the security, performance and control that the enterprise demands. We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join their development team based in Dublin focused on the R&D and development of an orchestration platform for clients.
This is a great opportunity to join a small dynamic team, working with leading edge technologies to develop and deliver advanced, market leading cloud computing solutions. This company is invested in the development and work-life balance of their team with great opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge while working in a strong engineering organisation.
- Design and build high quality software components for cloud computing
- Contribute to the evolution of the overall product technical architecture
- On-going enhancement of software development life-cycle and software engineering best practices
- Work closely with Product Management to refine product requirements into detailed technical requirements
- Work with QA to troubleshoot and resolve product issues as part of the product testing cycle
- 3rd level product support
- Evaluate 3rd party technology and tools, as required
Technical Skills Required:
- 4-7 years’ experience developing enterprise applications and systems software with Java, using open source frameworks and tools (Spring, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, JMS, etc.)
- Experience building web services APIs (REST/SOAP)
- A background in Cloud or IaaS, utilizing stateless architectures with high availability, continuous integration and supporting zero-downtime updates.
- Expert knowledge of XML, XPath, XSD and related technologies.
- A strong understanding of OS, web protocols and network technologies.
- Solid experience of database concepts and implementation, strong SQL skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization technologies would be a distinct advantage, notably VMware.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset (Confluence, Jira etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Preferred: Knowledge of design patterns, experience identifying commonly occurring problems and creating templates to solve them
Personal Skills Required:
- Proven team player
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Flexibility in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- Fast learner
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Focused with strong attention to detail
Sean Galligan is the point of contact for this role. If you have any questions for him in relation to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact him via [email protected]