|Date Posted||December 17, 2019|
Project / Programme
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||10+ Years|
Operations Program Manager (Dublin)
Our client is a growing international SaaS company that specialises in experience management with a European headquarters in Dublin. With over 10,000+ clients worldwide, it has led to exciting opportunities within the company as they plan for expansion.
As our client continues to scale rapidly, their customers have increasing expectations on the services they provide in tandem with their software. This has lead them to look for operational leaders who can spearhead innovative initiatives to rethink our client’s services experience.
- As an operations program manager in our services department, you will be empowered to enact massive change in our professional services business.
- You will lead efforts to improve our tools and processes across our service lines as well as any interactions between our service lines and other departments like engineering, sales, finance, and customer success.
- Our client believes strongly in service design and their operations program managers have an outward-in mindset mirroring their company’s core tenant of being customer obsessed.
- BA / BS degree
- 7+ years of work experience at a top-tier consulting firm or in a professional services or program management role at a tech company
- Demonstrable experience in executing massive change in an organisation
- Analytical, hypothesis driven & problem-solving abilities
- Experience managing priorities and timelines without significant oversight
- Experience of presenting in front of large groups and executives clearly and concisely
- Experience in service design is preferred
Verify is a specialist consultancy recruiting IT professionals for organisations throughout Ireland, UK and Europe and; for more information go to www.verifyrecruitment.com.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further or to discuss your career options in confidence, email your profile to [email protected]