|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||10+ Years|
Our client, an IoT-focused full API lifecycle management R&D centre, are looking for a strong hands-on technical architect (can code/prototype) with excellent communication and collaboration skills who will help design and technically lead our next generation SaaS initiative.
- Architecture for SaaS platform: work with other platform architect and technical leads of the delivery teams to develop technical specifications and implementation plan for same. Ensure engineers are following best practice for robust SaaS solution design and development. You will be responsible for driving forward a fledging solution and ensuring the design will meet our strategic long term goals. This is a hands-on role – you must be able to understand what is needed for the business, help craft the technical architecture that meets those needs, and work directly with the engineering delivery teams to bring the architecture to life in code. As a Platform Architect, one of the most important things you will be doing is working to contain the expansion of this complexity.
- Technical Guardian of Product: Ensure product performance, scalability, and supportability (maintenance, continuous deployment, diagnostics, availability…) are covered in the functional and technical design. Ensure sufficient and correct investment in these non-functional areas. Co-Owner of product technical strategy and chief negotiator with Product on high level logical product design to align with technical architecture.
- Play active key role in design of CI/CD process and tools to support the platform
- Support R&D Management: Work with management team to define technical strategy, technical debt evaluation, platform quality. Raise risks and concerns and collaboratively resolve.
- Work with Product Security Group on platform security reviews and actions.
- Develop strategic vision of the platform architecture and the technologies within the platform.
- Partner with the Cloud and TechOps teams on building adequate physical environment and infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies, develop POC and demos.
- Stay current with a broad range of industry trends, technologies and architecture.
- Proven success delivering innovative and high quality technical designs and specifications for large scale, high volume SaaS platforms
- Excellent understanding of scalable cloud architectures
- Good experience with AWS technologies
- Deep understanding of automation tooling and processes that support CI/CD
- Experience with web technologies: HTTP/S, APIs, OAuth, REST, XML security, JSON, WSDL
- Good understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs, FTP/FTPs, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of API design and services-based architectures
- Keen interest in new technologies and open source tools
- Excellent communication skills (ability to be succinct, simple and confident)
- You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- You solve problems with the right mix of creativity and pragmatism. You work at speed and inspire with your can-do attitude. You take great pride in your work - You cultivate that same behaviour in people you guide
- Ability to excite delivery teams about technical change and mentor engineers through delivery
- Experience leading technical design of commercial software and successful delivery of same
- Excellent mentoring and team building skills
- Hands-on experience of Agile software delivery methodologies
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
Sean Galligan is the contact for this role. If you feel this role could be a good fit for you, get in touch with him via e-mail at [email protected]