|Location||Dublin 9, Ireland|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2017|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Digitary helps some of the world’s top universities to certify academic qualifications online.
Employers, universities and government agencies around the world use Digitary to verify certificates, transcripts and other credentials issued by our customers. Digitary was founded by Irish technology professionals based on ground-breaking technology. Our product competes and wins significant clients against large global competitors.
Digitary have prestigious and globally recognized Universities as clients. Our technology benefits educational and government institutions and students alike who need to access their qualification transcripts quickly and safely.
We pride ourselves on a good company culture and working environment. By working at Digitary you will get an opportunity to become part of a highly knowledgeable and experienced team, learn valuable new skills, and help transform the way legitimate academic qualifications are verified around the world.
Product Owner – Digitary - Dublin
We are now looking for a Product Owner to join our Dublin team to understand and drive the product development of Digitary’s platform. You will be tasked with working with multiple stakeholders across the business in order to gather and document project requirements, transform these into technical specifications for developers, and to liaise with the development team to deliver on these new features.
You’re the critical bridge between the customers and development teams. You are a person who can understand the product vision and translate that into clearly defined requirements and business and technical user stories for the development teams.
- Work and liaise directly with stakeholders to define project requirements.
- Collect and analyse business needs and translate into clear, documented requirements.
- Translate high-level business requirements into robust functional specifications that are supported by user story boards/user cases.
- Work with senior engineers to ensure that technical specifications are aligned with overall platform architecture and design principles.
- Work with our engineering teams to ensure your user stories are implemented in line with the product vision and to timelines.
- Delivery of roadmap requirements once a release cycle has been committed to.
- Manage and control change requests in relation to requirements.
- Work with the QA team to ensure that our products are of the highest quality.
- Drive business analysis best practice to ensure high quality output is achieved.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- 6 years’ experience with at least two as a dedicated “product owner” in an Agile development process, defining software and writing business and technical requirements, user stories and other software development materials
- Fluent English with excellent written and verbal communication skills and need to be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Demonstrable ability to translate business needs into requirements and define those in a written format that allows the engineering teams to align behind the product vision
- Industry experience of working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team across multiple timezones
- Excellent problem articulation and solving skills
- Strong experience of process design, business analysis and software development in and agile, fast-paced environment
- Strong hands-on stakeholder management and influencing skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with technologies including Java/J2EE, AWS, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or IT subject
Please note: All applicants require a high standard of English and excellent communication skills and must be eligible to work in Ireland
Digitary are offering €55-70k plus benefits for the right individual. Please email Technology Recruitment Consultant Caroline Donlon at [email protected] or call 083 4524413 for more information.