|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||10+ Years|
Our client, an IoT-focused API lifecycle management R&D centre, is looking for a strong hands-on technical leader with excellent communication and leadership skills who will contribute to their next generation SaaS initiative.Responsibilities
Responsibilities (first 6 months):
- Work with Product Architects on product architecture plans for microservice platform (provided as SaaS or enterprise private Cloud offering) and work with technical leads of the delivery teams to develop technical specifications and implementation plan for same. Ensure they are following best practice for robust microservice solution design and development.
- Review components of mature product and recommend for evolution/replacement into new platform offering.
- Directly lead 2 delivery teams of experienced engineers.
- Lead the security guild and ensure secure coding practices and tooling are optimised and enforced across all teams and components.
- Technical Guardian of Product: Ensure product performance, scalability, and supportability (maintenance, continuous upgrade, diagnostics, availability…) are covered in the functional and technical design. Ensure sufficient and correct investment in these non-functional areas. Co-Owner of product technical strategy and chief negotiator with Product on logical product design to meet product business vision. Identify and promote R&D induced requirements in front of the Product/Executive Team(s) for example:
- requirements solving customer needs in a more strategic and visionary way
- tooling requirements that improve, automate and drive efficiency in the different stages of the software process - development, testing, integration, deployment and in particular Support
- Quality Standards for SaaS: contribute to test strategy, plans and tooling and support Quality Leader (part of Management team) in execution of same.
- Support Project Management: With management team contribute to planning of release, critical path etc. Raise risks and concerns and collaboratively resolve.
- Key Skills:
- Excellent technical and people leadership skills with ability to motivate and energise teams
- Excellent communication skills (ability to be succinct, simple and confident)
- You’re able to make the complex simple and have demonstrated an ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Deep understanding of automation tooling and processes that support CI/CD
- Hands on experience of SaaS development practices and solution design
- You solve problems with the right mix of creativity and pragmatism. You work at speed and inspire with your can-do attitude. You take great pride in your work - you cultivate that same behaviour in people you lead
- You proactively identify project, people and organizational problems and provide well-thought-out solutions to them
- You’re able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience delivering innovative and high quality technical designs and specifications for large scale, high volume SaaS solutions.
Sean Galligan is the point of contact for this role. If it feels like a good fit for you, get in touch with Sean at [email protected]