|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about creating fast, simple, and reliable processes and tools for releasing software at scale. They are looking for people who excel at working with others, challenge the status quo, and are exceptional problem-solvers. They value clear communication, honest feedback, and empathy for the users of our services.
This is a small team, distributed across multiple time-zones and two continents; an agile team responsible for the tools that the company's engineers use every day in building, testing, and deploying their products to production. They are transitioning into a service organization. This team partner with engineers to identify areas to improve the flow from code to production as they build the platform that connects millions of sellers and customers.
About the Role
- This team are continuing our evolution as a Release Engineering organization and are looking for an engineer to be a leading force and strong influencer towards this change.
- You will partner across engineering teams to challenge and continue to improve all aspects of the current release process.
- All team members participate in an on-call rotation for the services they support and always look for opportunities to eliminate repetitive work.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing, building, and delivering scalable and reliable build/test/release infrastructure.
- You have programming experience writing (and mentoring others in writing) clean, testable code in one of the following: Java, PHP, Go, Ruby, or Python.
- You have in-depth knowledge of source control systems (specifically git) and different branching strategies.
- You have significant knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems.
- You are comfortable with cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud or AWS). You are familiar with container and container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Docker). You know your way around Linux.
Eoghain Cooper is the point of contact for this role. If you’re confident that this role is a good fit for you, get in touch with him via e-mail at [email protected]