|Location||Dublin 2, Ireland|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2018|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||3 Years|
Our client, a Customer Experience SaaS solutions multinational, is seeking a high-flying engineer to work as part of Engineering Visibility. In this role, you will be part of a team that owns the research, development and operation of their visibility services.
You will own container level monitoring across their fleet, delivering host and service level logs and metrics to their horizontally scalable storage solutions. From there the team provides dashboarding, monitoring and alerting services that connect developers (and our client) with the data they need to perform effective change management, to get the right alert at the right time (when something goes wrong) and to proactively improve the performance of their services.
You will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. This is a systems development role. You will be delivering next generation technology frameworks that empower a continued move to a microservices architecture.
Beyond our engineering and architecture responsibilities, our client strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of our services. You will …
- Ensure their platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- Proactively monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years experience of owning a customer-facing, highly-available, large scale web-based service.
- 3+ years of excellence in operating this service.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience and knowledge of load balancing, caching, CDNs, and clustering technologies.
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Graphite and statsd
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, PHP, Ruby or Python. Ideally you are a systems engineer with developer experience or a developer with strong systems engineering knowledge. No IDE-only developers.
- Full stack development using bash, sed and awk (and vi) a definite plus.
- Experience with software development lifecycle technologies (ex. Rundeck, Git, Jenkins, artifactory services, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL) tuning and optimization is a must have. Experience with memcached, Redis and Elasticsearch is a bonus.
- Worked with or implemented configuration management using tools like Puppet or Chef
- Embraces change! Must be excited about learning new technologies
- A mentality of "Automate everything!"
- A team player, fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
Sean Galligan is the point of contact for this role. If you’re confident that this role is a good fit for you, get in touch with him via e-mail at [email protected]