|Date Posted||April 23, 2018|
Contract per Diem
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin South
Your position as senior software developer puts you at the heart of a vibrant team making best of breed software meeting a key banking market need. You bring to the team your deep experience of developing high-quality commercial software and solving hard problems for big customers, and you enjoy working the full lifecycle, from discussing design to delivering code across the full Java stack.
You’re a respected senior team member who can come into an existing team, working in a collaborative Scrum environment, and make impact with your own delivery and through others.
You love to deliver real value to customers and work hard to understand their needs and come up with ideas to meet them.
You’ve been up and down the Java stack and are as happy in the database as you are at the frontend.
You care as much about getting the right architectural design as the right implementation code and can take on big design questions, doing the research needed to make the right choices, then guide the whole team to flawlessly execute the implementation.
Your code is neat, quick and hits the functional mark every time, with rigorous, automated test code always factored in to estimates.
When problemscome up in new development or from customer reports, you are ruthlessly analytical, working across multiple environments to nail down the root cause and the best response.
You get Agile fundamentally, the real reasons we work this way, and use it to get value delivered quickly while embracing change, iterating and refactoring.
You ask the right questions up front and take personal responsibility for what you commit to do, owning it to completion.
You work smoothly with your teammates and speak up where you see how we can raise the team standards, to better designs, better practices and better code.
You keep yourself on top of trends and are relentlessly curious about the current codebase and new techniques and technologies we could adopt.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 7+ years professional experience
- Strong development and design experience with Java and JEE applications
- Experience of one or more major JEE application servers; Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Familiar with modern toolchains; Git and GitHub,Maven, Jenkins and TeamCity, AWS
- Experience with Spring Boot and the Spring framework generally
- Experience with one or more major RDBMS; Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Unit and Integration testing methodologies for efficient, comprehensive validation
- Familiarity and experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications and an ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- Applicants require a high standard of English and excellent communication skills and need to be eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience in the banking and associated financial industries
- Experience of implementing Web Services; REST and/or SOAP
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Experience with Bootstrap and Ajax
- Experience with Elastic Search
Our offer to you
A competitive salary, reviewed annually
A personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
24 days holiday plus public holidays
Individual training grant with opportunity to grow and develop
Additional day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
Active social committee with great events
Fresh fruit on tap
Sean Galligan is the contact for this role. If you have any questions or would like to chat about this role, please get in touch with him at [email protected] or via phone at (+353) 1 905 2691