|Location||Dublin City Centre, Ireland|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2017|
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Our client, a globally recognised insurance and travel company is now offering a full time permanent position for a Senior Java Developer. This position is situated within our client's the Agile Web development team.
- On-going support & development of existing site along with delivery of new mobile first responsive site
- Integration with ESB services
- Work collaboratively within existing Sprint team
- Mentoring & coaching less senior members of the team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Applicants are required to have solid Java Development experience (8+ years) with proven project experience on the development of transactional Ecommerce websites including experience of responsive development and CSS. Excellent communication skills & an ability to communicate with business users, gather requirements, scope and estimate solutions is also desirable.
Experience is required in the following:
- Java - Experience with Spring Frameworks (2, 3 & 4), Struts 1&2, JDBC, JUnit, Mockito or similar, JMS.
- Continuous integration build & maintenance experience – Jenkins, Maven, Sonar
- Design Patterns knowledge.
- Experience working with GIT & SVN
- Administration of application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Tomcat...).
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Dev Ops experience of benefit as the team looks after live deployments
- ESB Integration experience desirable
- Test Driven Development knowledge desirable
- AngularJS Front-End experience desirable
- Knowledge of Closure Tools / NodeJS desirable
- Insurance industry experience of benefit
Effectiveness in this role would be enhanced by relevant technical and/or commercial experience.
Minimum of degree level qualification is preferred, however relevant business and technical experience may represent an acceptable equivalent.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this job. If you have any questions for Caroline in relation to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact her via:
01-9056291 or 083 4524413