|Location||South County Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2017|
Test / QA
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||4 Years|
|Salary||Neg + benefits|
Do you want to build a disruptive SaaS product in the FinTech space using best-of-breed technologies?
Our client is seeking a Senior QA Engineer to work on a focused, energetic and dedicated team to develop a green field FinTech SaaS product. This is a crucial time for the company as they are taking a step forward in scale and pace of development. As the team grows to meet these goals, there will be opportunities for emerging leaders.
Senior QA Engineer - SaaS
Your position as senior QA engineer puts you in a vibrant product development team making best of breed software that meets a key banking market need. You bring to the QA team your deep experience of testing commercial Java software to high quality standards and your passion for test automation.
Your primary responsibility will be creating, maintaining & executing automation test suites, currently through Selenium, for multiple projects simultaneously. Your goal is to minimise manual testing as much as possible and turn around software releases quickly and efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take test ownership of the new and existing product integration testing of customer configurations across supported platforms
- Participate in regular test planning meetings and provide estimates and inputs for Product Integration test efforts and
- Product Integration test schedules on a per release or customer basis
- Create new test cases based on new functionality/features that are delivered by Product team and input these test cases into the client's test case management tool
- Automate new feature test cases and automate priority regression test cases for each customer test suite
- Maintain and update existing automation regression packs for each customer on a per release basis
- Research, investigate and put forward suggestions on ways to improve both existing manual and automation testing in Product Integration Testing team e.g. the introduction of a new automation framework to integrate with Selenium WebDriver tests
- Ensure that there is adequate web services test case coverage inputted into the test case management tool for each customer on a per release basis
- Ensure all defects/bugs that arise from testing are created with detailed information and logged accordingly in Jira
- Ensure all major stakeholders are informed of critical issues that may block software releases to clients
- Contribute to overall test team meetings and make proactive suggestions for process improvement initiatives and efficiencies for future testing
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years professional experience in test in a product software environment, preferably with Java/JEE applications
- Familiarity and experience with Agile Methodologies and experience working with Agile software project management/bug tracking tools such as Jira
- Experience in the preparation and execution of functional and non-functional test cases based on user stories
- Experience in the automation of manual functional test cases and the identification of regression test cases that need to be automated
- Solid experience with automation functional frameworks such as: Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG
- Experience of one or more major JEE application servers; Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Experience with one or more major RDBMS; Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline preferred
- Experience working with Test Case Management Tools such as TestRail, HP QC etc.
- Experience integrating Test Case Management Tools with Automation tools for test case reporting/execution purposes
Desire Skills & Experience
- Experience in the banking and associated financial industries
- Experience testing Web Services; REST, SOAP, SPOCK
- Familiar with modern toolchains; Git and GitHub, Maven, Jenkins and TeamCity, AWS
- ISTQB foundation certified or certified in a recognised Testing certification
There is a competitive salary offered for this role which will be reviewed annually, in addition to a generous holiday and benefit package.
Caroline Donlon is the point of contact for this job. If you have any questions for Caroline in relation to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact her via:
01-9056291 or 083 4524413
Please note: Applicants must have a high standard of English and excellent communication skills and need to be eligible to work in Ireland.