|Location||Dun Laoghaire, Ireland|
|Date Posted||May 17, 2019|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Do you want to build a disruptive SaaS product in the FinTech space using best-of-breed technologies? Our client is a leading authority on enterprise collateral management enabling their clients to handle immense complexity while simultaneously safeguarding against risk.
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Developer to work on a focused, energetic and dedicated team to develop a green field FinTech SaaS product using Java, Python and Angular. Experience developing and delivering software product using Amazon Web Services is desirable but not a prerequisite.
Applicants must have a high standard of English and excellent communication skills and need to be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Design and implementation of new functionality for use in multi-tier, web-based products for use by Banks and other Financial Institutions.
- Working at multiple layers in the technology stack e.g. DB, Application Layer, UI Layer
- Working in Java, Python or other appropriate language
- Work with Amazon Web Services technologies and cloud technologies e.g Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality.
- Contribute to estimation exercises that feed into project plans.
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements, to existing software development, testing and deployment processes.
- Troubleshooting Development and Production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms as necessary
- Regularly update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations etc.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 5+ years professional experience
- Strong development experience with Java, with Spring, Hibernate
- Familiarity with one or more RDBMS’s e.g. Oracle, Postgres, MySql
- Familiar with Build and Continuous integration – Ant, Maven, CI tools (Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to show flexibility and reach compromise where appropriate
- Willingness to take ownership for assigned aspects of the project(s)
- Unit and Integration testing methodologies for efficient, comprehensive validation
- Excellent verbal and written communications and an ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- Ability to innovate and iterate, willingness to fail fast
- Experience developing and deploying solutions on one or more major Cloud platforms e.g. Amazon AWS, Google, Azure.
- Development Experience with Python
- Cloud and container tooling e.g Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Angular & Typescript
- Linux and system engineering concepts
- Familiarity and experience with Agile methodologies
- Implementing Web services
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline preferred
Eoghain Cooper is the point of contact for this job. If you have any questions for Eoghain in relation to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact him via: