|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
UI / UX
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||3 Years|
Our client, an IoT-centric API lifecycle management R&D centre, are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join their team, responsible for delivering part of their primary platform in digital business solutions. The Senior User Experience Designer works closely with product teams facilitating an Agile, user-centered design process. You must rapidly gain an understanding of the user requirements and business domain, and appreciate technical and architectural constraints. They highly prioritise a UX experience that is efficient, effective, and essential.
As a leader of user experience initiatives and projects you will:
- Interview users and analyze their requirements.
- Perform usability testing and report the results to the product team.
- Communicate user behavior and needs using personas, journey maps, and storyboards as appropriate.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with product management and development teams to develop prototypes and specifications for user interfaces.
- Define and document information architecture using appropriate research methods and deliverables (flow charts, site maps, terminology references).
- Will provide graphic design guidance and deliverables, e.g. icons, visual styles, layouts.
- Plan project deliverables and timelines, and deliver quality work on time.
- Contribute to shared UX design resources including the style guide, pattern library, and usability guidelines.
- Help drive and implement company-wide UI standards and guidelines on all projects.
- Contribute to culture transformation by evangelizing the importance of user experience and exceptional design.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 3 years of experience in interaction design for software and/or web-based applications.
- Experience working on enterprise software products essential.
- Experience in areas of API management and developer tooling an advantage but not essential.
- Proven experience with user-centered design techniques and methods, such as user interviews, usability testing, information architecture, card sorting, user journey maps, experience maps, task flows, persona development, lo-fi / hi-fi UI prototyping, design facilitation, usability inspection, mental models, UX metrics, mobile-first design, style guides, UX design patterns, etc.
- Experience designing mobile and cloud-based experiences and accessible interfaces.
- Experience using automated tools to measure user experience for SaaS offerings a plus.
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (excellent working knowledge of English is essential).
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross-functional, distributed environment.
- Experience in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Highly adaptable and adept at handling changing priorities throughout the product life cycle.
- Autonomous, fast learner who constantly seeks to increase knowledge and skill set.
- A Master’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Interaction Design or equivalent field is preferred. Demonstrated relevant expertise is also accepted.
Eoghain Cooper is the contact for this role. If this role seems like a great fit for you, contact him for a chat via e-mail at [email protected], or via phone at 01-905-2691.