|Location||Dublin 2, Ireland|
|Date Posted||November 8, 2017|
|Career Level||Experienced (Non Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||2 Years|
My client is an e-Learning Solutions multinational, based in Dublin City Centre, catering to millions of students and professionals.
Fostering a highly collaborative culture which champions teamwork, passion, innovation, and creativity, my client harnesses an environment wherein milestones are celebrated, as are the people, and individual skills development and personal growth are paramount.
You would be joining them as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer as part of their Dublin-based SRE operations.
You will be:
- An advocate for site reliability, security and robustness, whilst facilitating developer requirements.
- A fantastic communicator, working effectively in a distributed team.
- Consistently seeking to improve and maintain systems infrastructure and app deployment processes.
- Responsible for performance, uptime, and service quality, also as part of an on-call schedule.
- A key factor in helping my client upscale and automate their infrastructure.
- A proponent of growth and development in a rapidly growing operations team.
- A mentor and guide to engineers around you, always keen on expanding your own knowledge while passing on kernels of wisdom from your own experiences.
You will have:
- A wealth of experience with Linux administration (CentOS preferred) and performance tuning.
- Experience with large-scale cloud configured WebOps environments in a hybrid datacentre.
- Extensive coding skills, especially with Python (Solid preferred), and AWS.
- Significant knowledge of Docker containers and frameworks like Kubernetes and Mesos.
- Hands-on experience with deployment automation and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, or SaltStack.
It’d be great if you also have:
- A background in app development.
- Been immersed in a fast-paced startup environment previously.
- Experience with monitoring and alert systems.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the following stack elements;
- Database Management (MySQL, Elastic search, Memcache, Redis)
- System Monitoring (Nagios, Munin)
- Cloud Application Monitoring (Datadog, New Relic, Mixpanel)
- CDN Services (Akamai, Fastly, CloudFlare)
- Additional Web Frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Web Servers (Nginx, Varnish, Apache, HAProxy)
- Browser Automation (Selenium, Circle CI)
- Version Control (Git, Github)
- Pension Contributory Plan
- Equity Compensation Plan
- Commuting / Travel
- Parental Leave
- 25 Days Holidays
Rose Farrell is the point of contact for this job. If you have any questions for Rose in relation to this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact her via:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01 905 2693
Verify is a specialist consultancy recruiting IT professionals for organizations throughout Ireland, UK and Europe. For further information, go to www.verifyrecruitment.com