|Date Posted||October 19, 2018|
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Product Owner to join them in Dublin and help take their API products and tooling to the next level. This position will report to the Lead Product Manager for their API Management portfolio. You will be contributing to our solutions that help global enterprises manage the full lifecycle of APIs from creation to governance to consumption. Our client creates products for SaaS, their customers’ own data centres and hybrid deployments.
Our client needs you to understand developers not only as part of your development teams, but also as your end-users. Their customers are highly technical, and rely on our client to understand best practices in their field and to be sympathetic to industry trends in software development and architecture. This is a B2B product, so you will need to be able to shift between a highly technical world and a business-oriented value world quickly and easily, all the while ensuring that your decisions line up to satisfy buyers and end-users equally.
- Your primary focus will be on translating high level requirements and business problems into detailed requirements and designs and validating those proposed designs with internal stakeholders and customers.
- You will spend a significant portion of your time working closely with R&D teams, writing detailed EPICs, collaborating on User Stories and designing mockups.
- Collaborate with the Lead Product Manager, UX and development teams to translate the roadmap into an actionable prioritized backlog, ensuring our client's development teams are always working on the highest value items.
- Understand their customers through research and regular interactions with them so that you can effectively communicate their challenges and goals to the development teams both verbally and via use cases.
- Validate your proposed product features with customers, both in terms of how to execute them and priority.
- Retrospect new features and the entire product with the Product and Solution Management team so that our client can continuously improve our decision-making and rectify bad decisions quickly.
- Drive efficiency: Ensure that what you design and build with engineering has re-use across the company, build flexible solutions, rationalize existing services, modify and reuse when appropriate
- Own the quality of your product, both in terms of robustness and user-experience.
What skills are needed?
- Ability to turn the complex into the simple. You must be able to understand the problems of highly technical customers and translate their needs into well-defined stories for our client's development teams.
- Experience working on enterprise software products is essential. You need experience deploying applications or services in the cloud, AWS, Azure or others.
- Knowledge of and some hands-on experience with APIs
- You make data-driven decisions and can clearly explain the rationale and principles behind them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (excellent working knowledge of English is essential).
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross-functional, geographically-distributed environment.
- You have a passion for learning and constantly seek to improve your knowledge and skill set.
- Role includes occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable academic training in User-Centred Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems.
- Master of Science or comparable post-graduate academic training, a plus.
- 3+ years of progressive product ownership with a reputation of delighting customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering collaborative working relationships with engineering.
- Experience in the creation of enterprise product solutions from inception to release with meaningful results measured in terms of customers, revenue and/or market share.
- Background with direct responsibility as a user experience designer, business analyst, presales consultant, or technical support engineer, a plus.
Breffni O'Sullivan is the point of contact for this role. You can get in touch with him via e-mail at [email protected], or via phone at (+353) 1 905 2695, for a chat about the role.