|Date Posted||February 26, 2019|
Architect / Technical Lead
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
This team is a foundation stone of the client's engineering organisation.
Their mission is to connect cause and effect and empower all stakeholders to understand the status of internal systems and customer-facing services. The team strives for clean and simple correlation of this status with customer impact. This, in turn, helps developers drive customer impacting events to zero and to speed up time-to-resolution when customer impact does occur.
Operating in a small autonomous team your work will flow from development to production in ever reducing lead times, delivering real improvements for our developers and increasing the company’s rate of innovation.
As the technical lead for this team, you will be part of a team that owns the research, development and operation of visibility services. You will own container level monitoring across our fleet, delivering host and service level logs and metrics to our horizontally scalable storage solutions. From there the team provides dashboarding, monitoring and alerting services that connect developers (and us) with the data they need to perform effective change management, to get the right alert at the right time (when something goes wrong) and to proactively improve the performance of their services.
Moreover, you will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. This is a systems development role. You will be delivering next-generation technology frameworks that empower a continued move to a microservices architecture.
Beyond our engineering and architecture responsibilities, this team strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of services. You will …
- Ensure the platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- Proactively monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years providing technical leadership to engineering teams
- 3+ years experience of owning a customer-facing, highly-available, large scale web-based service.
- 3+ years of excellence in operating this service.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience and knowledge of load balancing, caching, CDNs, and clustering technologies.
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Graphite and statsd
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, PHP, Ruby or Python. Ideally you are a systems engineer with developer experience or a developer with strong systems engineering knowledge. No IDE-only developers.
- Full stack development using bash, sed and awk (and vi) a definite plus.
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player, fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
Sean Galligan is the point of contact for this role. If you have any questions for him in relation to this opportunity, please don"t hesitate to contact him via:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone number available on request.