|Date Posted||September 7, 2018|
|Career Level||Experienced (Manager)|
|Minimum Experience||5+ Years|
Our client is a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. They help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through their platform that combines restaurant point of sale, customer-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a member of their team, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join them as they empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Our client is growing their Dublin operations as they face the challenges of a rapidly expanding company, and they are looking for self-motivated and customer-focused engineer to join their small Dublin team.
They are looking for a self-motivated individual who loves building great software. From their core application built on top of Android, to a Java microservice architecture on the back end, they focus on providing the infrastructure stability necessary, so that their complex distributed system "just works" while maintaining a well-designed user interface. They're looking for a team lead to join their Dublin team to take ownership of both existing and new product components that are used by their restaurant customers.
Some projects they’ve been working on recently include:
- A kiosk product for self service ordering
- An integration framework that enables toast API partners
- Paper and digital receipts for millions of orders
- Loyalty and gift card solutions for our customers
As a team lead, you will:
- Design, build and maintain highly available, performant, flexible and scalable solutions
- Use a data driven approach to provide amazing products to millions of guests and restaurant staff
- Leading a team of software engineers to deliver results at a high level of quality
- Making hands-on code contributions to your team’s projects
- Help drive an agile SDLC that ships quality product
- Proactively own & support production software (monitoring, logging, design resiliency, etc.)
- Mentor and develop team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in Java or another object oriented language
- Proficient with traditional databases and alternative data stores
- Experience delivering high quality, reliable services to production
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Prior experience as tech lead or team lead
- Empathy for users, both internal (other internal teams) and external (their restaurants)
- Passionate about building great software
- Preferred experience with load testing, performance testing, failure mode testing technique
Their Tech Stack
Our client’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using Angular and ES6. The main POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.