Last Updated: May 08th, 2018.
The following policy outlines our commitment at Verify Recruitment to safeguarding both you and your data through our processing parameters, as defined by GDPR guidelines.
Please review this document in full prior to accessing or using the services of either Verify Recruitment or any consultant under the employ and auspices of Verify Recruitment.
Categories of Data Collected by Verify
There are two types of data which we collect: both non-personal and personal data.
This categorisation of data cannot be used to either identify or contact you. It may include:
- Statistical information regarding visitor traffic on our website
- Demographic and browser information
Personal Data pertains to any information which could identify a specific individual. This can include but is not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g. addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses)
- Social Media / Repository / Portfolio addresses or usernames
- Third Party References
- User IP Addresses
- Notes and observations based on our interactions with you via e-mail, messaging threads through professional third party online services (e.g. LinkedIn), meetings, interviews, and phone calls
- Assessment test results (e.g. coding tests, scenario tests, psychometric tests, etc.)
- Your work experience and qualifications
- Any additional data pertaining to potential work placements
- Any information provided to us via your Curriculum Vitae and/or Cover Letter
Who will be collecting your personal data, and is it necessary?
Verify Recruitment is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the IT sector in Ireland. We recruit for and place candidates in positions for numerous organisations of various scales in primarily IT-related roles.
Your personal data will only be collected and used by Verify Recruitment for the purpose of providing you with recruitment and recruitment-related services.
How Do Verify Collect Your Data?
Verify Recruitment directly collects personal data from you in all instances where you:
- Are in contact with a Verify consultant by phone, post, e-mail, or online message either as a candidate or a client.
- Supply a Curriculum Vitae or any form of application through manual or online submission.
- Subscribe to e-mail updates
- Engage with us via e-mail or via chat-bot on our website.
- Submit, classify, or clarify any information with regard to an application
- Complete assessments for either ourselves or our clients relative to a role or application as either part of a qualifying process prior to submission, or during our clients’ assessment or on-boarding processes.
We will also collect forms of personal data from third parties, including but not limited to:
- Personal and professional references, written and verbal
- Results of candidate assessments / scenario tests / psychometric tests /competency tests, etc.
- Subjective performance feedback
- Information pertaining to active or previous workplace investigation complaints, accidents etc. where volunteered
- Information pertaining to any inquiries of which you are party to; including litigation, registration, disciplinary, criminal, insurance, etc.
Please note that in the event of collecting information from a third party, we will explicitly request your consent or, where applicable, make you aware of the collection and our justification for said collection.
Additional Data Sources
We may also collect and process information about you wherein it is readily available from public sources. This includes professional profiles such as those found on LinkedIn or Monster. For the purposes of maximising our capabilities and efforts as pertains to providing you with recruitment services, we may combine this information with the information you provide directly with us.
How Will Your Data Be Stored?
We process data using secure cloud applications. Our consultants can search for and process this data; however this is only in order to provide you with recruitment (and related) services.
What Will We Do With Your Data?
Verify Recruitment may utilise and/or disclose your personal data for reasons such as:
- Providing recruitment and related professional services
- Facilitating the finding of suitable job opportunities for you
- Applications to job vacancies on your behalf
- Allowing you to submit your CV, applying for specific roles, or subscribing to Verify Recruitment job alerts or emails pertaining to related in-house services and entities
- Communicate our recruitment services, employment surveys, podcasting, and philanthropic / community engagement initiatives (including but not limited to io, New Job Radio (NJR), and the Ada Lovelace Initiative (ALI) to you
- The improvement of Verify Recruitment’s customer service standards
- Contacting you on occasion with information pertaining to career opportunities
Verify Recruitment may also disclose specific details of your personal data, where applicable, and including but not limited, to:
- Third parties such as referees and prospective employers
- Additional parties involved in the supply or personnel in conjunction with our clients
- Professional associations, registration bodies and/or regulatory / enforcement agencies if necessary.
Please note that unless required by law, or permitted to do so by law, Verify Recruitment will not under any circumstances share, sell, or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
Safeguarding You and Securing Your Data
Our adherence to internal security protocols and procedures protects against the misuse, misplacement, access, change, or disclosure by unauthorised people and entities. Your data is only accessible by authorised individuals in order to provide you with recruitment services, recruitment-related services, and services specific to initiatives and publishing entities controlled by Verify Recruitment.
The storage and retention of data, as per Article 5(1)(e) of the GDPR, notes that personal data should not be retained longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which said data is processed. Verify Recruitment would typically retain your data for a period of 5 years. This is to allow us to provide you with a quality, ongoing recruitment service. However, you can request removal of your data at any time.
In specific circumstances, we are obliged to obtain your consent to the processing and utlilisation of your personal data in relation to certain and specific activities.
Article 4(11) of the GDPR states that (opt-in) consent is “any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.” This means that:
- You must know to what you are consenting to (we will endeavour to provide you with enough information to make an informed decision)
- You must give us your consent freely and without coercion.
- You should have control over which processing activities you consent to and which you don’t.
- You must take positive, clear, and affirmative action in giving us your consent. This may take the form of the completion of an online form (for example, in the instance of submission of your application and/or details of candidacy to a client).
- We will keep records of these consents as part of your stored personal data.
We will retain your permission to offer services to you related to the recruitment and related services we provide, provided you do not actively opt-out of these communications.
Responsibility under GDPR
The entities classified as responsible for processing the personal data of candidates, clients, suppliers, emergency contacts and referees of candidates, Verify Recruitment staff and partners: Candor Consultancy Ltd, trading as Verify Recruitment.
Enforcement of compliance practices will be the responsibility of our internal team with compliance the collective and individual responsibility of all those within Verify Recruitment, where applicable.
Our Legal Basis for Instigating Contact and Processing Your Data
Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR states that we can process your data where it “is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by [us] or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of [you] which require protection of personal data.”
When and How to Get In Touch With Us
To ensure the integrity and security of your data, you may get in touch with us at any time for any of the following reasons:
- Requesting access to your data
- You may request access to any and all personal data Verify Recruitment holds about you on any internal systems.
- Keeping your personal data updated
- To ensure the accuracy of the data we hold on you, please alert Verify of any changes to your details. Alternatively, we may contact you from time to time. If you have any concerns relating to the accuracy and specificity of the data we hold, please get in touch.
- Requesting removal of your data from our database
- You may get in touch with us at any time to request the removal of your data. If you wish to not be contacted by Verify Recruitment in the future, please note that we must retain rudimentary information about you to ensure that we can enact this request and duly respect your wishes. If you would prefer this to not happen, please note that we will not have a record of your request following the complete deletion of your data, and henceforth may contact you unknowingly in the future.
How to Contact Us
In order to get in touch regarding any queries in relation to your data, simply send an e-mail to [email protected] outlining the specific nature of your request. We will respond to your query within 24 working hours as per our obligation under the GDPR. You may be asked for further details in relation to your request, including forms of identification. You may also be asked to fill out our Subject Access Request Form to facilitate your enquiry.
How to Contact Your Local Supervisory Authority
For data privacy queries relative to Ireland, you may contact The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in the following ways:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 00 353 57 868 4800 | 00 353 (0) 761 104 80 | 1890 252 231 (Local)
- Post – Dublin: 21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland
- Post – Portarlington: Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co. Laois
Transferring Data outside the EEA
If in the event we need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will contact you and duly explain definitively as to why this is necessary. This will only occur in relation to recruitment or related services as provided by Verify Recruitment. While we generally operate within the EEA, we deal with US-based companies on occasion.
Our websites issue cookies to your computer through inherent functionality. Cookies are text files stored on your hard drive pertaining to your viewing history of a website. Upon returning to that website, typically, tailored selections and content can be created based on the information stored on your previous visit. Most browsers allow cookies to be turned off. However, doing so may limit the usability of our websites. If in the event you are linked to an external site through Verify, we cannot accept responsibility for any differing data privacy practices and measures therein.
Analytics information is used in automatically-generated reports for the purpose of improving both our sites and our content. We track page views, lengths of visits, locations, technical data regarding the devices or browsers used in access, and traffic timing trends.