Position Type :
Experience Level :
Education Level :
Senior Test Engineer (Web Applications) sought for successful Irish company that develops software for communication and media service providers.
The role of the Senior Test Engineer (Web Applications) requires solving a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways. The Senior Test Engineer must be able to take ownership of specific complex testing tasks, and take them to completion.
Some of the tasks involved are:
- Write Test Specifications from Requirements & Functional Specifications
- Review Test Specifications and the work of other test engineers.
- Take an active role in the design and implementation of test schedules
- Leadership role on larger Test projects.
- Design & execute manual and automated test cases
- Interact with developers, architects & SMEs to discuss & resolve defects
- Mentor, coach and review test engineers
- Design, implement & maintain Processes & Process documentation
- Review user & customer documentation
- Investigate, evaluate & introduce tools, technologies & techniques
- Clearly, concisely & timely report status
- Occasionally execute interoperability & acceptance testing on a customer site
- Occasionally deal with customer issues.
- Self Discipline/Self Starter/Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Drive & Commitment
- Team Player
- Interpersonal skills
- Good working Unix & Linux
- Scripting Languages such as Perl, PHP, SQL, Shell
- Good working knowledge of databases & tools, Oracle preferred
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication
- Large scale web application test, including Performance/Load/Capacity Testing
- Tools - test case / defect management
- Human-Computer Interface (HCI) design in general, web design in particular
- GUI test automation tools & frameworks (QTP, Selenium, JUnit, Winrunner, LoadRunner)
Highly Desirable Knowledge
- Java 5 or 6 SE, J2EE 1.4 or 5
- Web Services development and integration.
- J2EE Application Servers (JBoss AS, IBM WAS, Oracle/BEA WebLogic/10g AS)
- EJB 3.0
- Apache Struts framework; Spring framework, Apache Tomcat web container
- Java ServerPages (JSP) and tag libraries
- Experience with AJAX libraries
- System integration through Web Services and/or remote EJBs
- Programming Language such as Java or C
- Telecommunications network and technology understanding
- Version Control - CVS/SVN
- Experience in Mediation, Rating or Billing
- Agile / XP experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, and a minimum 4-year to 6-years industry experience
Close Interaction with Software Development teams. Demonstrable Web GUI testing abilities. Previous Test Experience in the Telco industry.
Contact: Catherine Kerr