Position Type :
Experience Level :
Education Level :
Lead Test Engineer sought for successful Irish company that develops software for communication and media service providers.
The role of the Lead Test Engineer involves working as part of a test team designing, developing & executing tests on applications. Testing involves both manual & automated tests on frontend GUIs and backend servers. The role is based in the office with only occasional customer interaction and travel envisaged.
Some of the tasks involved are:
- Manage Test projects with a team of 5 to 10 testers in international locations.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure quality and timeliness of projects.
- Write Test Specifications from Requirements & Functional Specifications
- Review Test Specifications and the work of other test engineers.
- Clearly, concisely & timely report status
- Design & execute manual and automated test cases
- Interact with developers, architects & SMEs to discuss & resolve defects
- Mentor, coach and review test engineers
- Design, implement & maintain Processes & Process documentation
- Review user & customer documentation
- Investigate, evaluate & introduce tools, technologies & techniques
- Occasionally execute interoperability & acceptance testing on a customer site
- Occasionally deal with customer issues.
- Self Discipline/Self Starter/Positive Attitude
- Drive & Commitment to meeting schedules
- Analytical with strong attention to Detail
- Team Player with good Interpersonal skills
- Shows Initiative and drives improvements
- Understands Plans, milestones, critical paths
Entry Level Requirements
- Proven record in leading test teams and projects
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication
- Strong experience of software development on Unix & Linux platforms
- Telecommunications network,protocols and technology
- Scripting or Programming Languages such as Perl, PHP, Shell, C, Java
- Good working knowledge of databases & tools, Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of Performance/Load/Capacity/Stress Testing
- Tools - test case / defect management
- Version Control - CVS/SVN
- Experience with Test automation
- Web technologies
- GUI test automation - TestNG, Junit, Selenium
- Experience in Mediation, Rating or Billing
- Agile / XP experience
- Line management experience
- Experience with outsourced test management
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, and a minimum 8-year to 10-years industry experience. ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Level or higher desirable.
Contact: Catherine Kerr