Position Type :
Experience Level :
Education Level :
Our client is seeking an experienced eCommerce professional to take ownership for their new online payments offering
The objective of the e-Commerce Product Manager will be to enable our client to grow its revenues from sales of e-Commerce services. The e-commerce Product Manager will be responsible for the management of our client’s online payment gateway product, its future roadmap and commercialisation. As the product expert the e-commerce Product Manager will liaise with internal sales teams, 3rd party providers, support functions and external sales channels to ensure that our client has the appropriate e-commerce product proposition and is organisationally able to sell and support the solutions offered to different market segments.
E-Commerce Product Development
- Keep abreast of market trends in the e-commerce arena; being innovative and disseminating all relevant knowledge to the business, in relation to customer requirements, technology developments and competitor activity in the e-commerce realm.
- Collaborate with business leads to evaluate financial attractiveness of new business opportunities,identify and recommend new initiatives that will drive key business metrics.
- In the development phase, communicate project and development plans, status, and issues proactively to affected parties, in collaboration with the project management team.
- Under this area of responsibility the e-Commerce Product Manager will have primary responsibility for the management of the ecommerce/gateway product proposition.
- Plan and manage the delivery of a roadmap of continuous development of the e-commerce payment gateway services provided by our client to client merchants.
- Managing relationships with all key vendors, in particular our white label gateway provider and alternative payment providers to ensure we are utilizing all critical functionality, creating the optimal user experience and remain competitive in the market.
- Acts as a platform expert, supporting the overall strategic roadmap to build innovative solutions and support business objectives.
- Together with sales teams, ensure the overall financial targets agreed by the business for e-Commerce are met or exceeded.
- Review levels of e-commerce knowledge, expertise and conversion performance across the sales teams and work with sales managers and training partners to ensure we improve our ability to sell into this space at corporate, mid corp and SME levels.
- Identify and develop new sales channels, referral arrangements and VAR partnerships with 3rd parties to grow volume of inbound e-commerce sales enquiries and to build customised solutions for specific sectors.
- Work with finance to ensure the business implements and maintains appropriate management information (MI) and financial projections to enable tracking of sales and financial performance of our e-commerce revenue streams and sales channels.
- Engage with key merchants, developers and other key influencers through attendance at relevant events and through using social networking sites.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date product manual covering the product proposition, competitive positioning, pricing policy, commission structures, market strategy and sales, operational and support processes and internal reporting on all e-commerce related products.
- Write quality detailed business requirements documents in relation to new developments within the e-commerce field.
- Liaise with marketing and provide them with comprehensive briefs in order to implement product launches, online marketing strategies and PR programmes to enhance the profile of our customer within the e-commerce arena.
Competencies & Experience:
- A strong grasp of the fundamentals of e-commerce and an understanding of the technical issues and opportunities therein.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take ownership for issues.
- Proven problem solving skills with strong numerical abilities.
- Proficient in the use of social media.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills – able to work directly with sales teams and large customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to think "outside of the box" and innovate.
- Ability to bridge the gap between sales and technologyfunctions.
- Must be deadline driven with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Delivery focussed.